Faith Bible Church is partnering with S.O.S. Ministries to feed families in our community this Christmas season. As a church, we have committed to adopting ten families through encouraging them by providing food baskets.
What is S.O.S. Ministry?
Our dream at S.O.S. Ministries is to see dreams come true.
We exist to rescue, restore, and release, and to put ourselves in the world of those we serve so that we might help revolutionize their lives. God has called us to dedicate our time and talent as a testimony of His transforming power to raise up, equip, and empower others to “Save Our Streets.”
S.O.S. Ministries is penetrating neighborhoods in Bryan/College Station and beyond through high-impact programs focused on spiritual and community transformation.
For more info visit their website at https://saveourstreetsministries.org/
Why Food Baskets?
- The majority of the families are unable to provide adequate nutritional needs during this time of year. Since these families children are on the free/reduced lunch program, they are used to eating breakfast and lunch at school. Baskets of food during Christmas Break would help meet those needs.
- Sharing meals as a family is a crucial part of a family dynamic that is not common in the lives of these families. Providing them the resources to have a Christmas dinner gives them the opportunity to sit and enjoy a meal together.
- S.O.S. already has a donor providing gifts, so this program is focused on encouraging them by providing a nice Christmas meal.
How can you help?
- Starting NOW you can bring food to the church and place it in the room across from the kitchen. Non-perishable foods and meat (i.e. Ham and/or Turkey) are great donations. If you bring meat you can put it in the fridge/freezer in the kitchen.
- If you would like to give financially, please place your donations in a mission’s envelope labeled S.O.S and place in the offering. Checks may be written to Faith Bible Church with S.O.S. in the memo.
- If you would like to help with grocery shopping and basket organizing, we will be doing that on Tuesday, December 19.
- The baskets will be delivered to the families on December 22 or 23.
- If you would like to deliver a basket to a local family or help with the shopping and preparation, please contact Krista Parsons at kristaSparsons@gmail.com or (817) 680-0140.